Water Damage Claims
Get What You Deserve, Let Us Settle Your Water Damage Claim
Claims for water damage are among the most frequent types of homeowner’s insurance claims. Most water damage is caused by burst (leaky) pipes, leaky appliances and broken drain pipes. This type of water damage can be hazardous to the health of the homeowner and their family members. Time is of the essence when any sort of water damage occurs. Within minutes of water intrusion, damage has begun, staining the walls and ceilings, swelling the baseboards and door casings, damaging the flooring.
Mold will commence to grown in just a few hours after the water has leaked. It is important to call as soon as possible, so we can document the extent of the damage to your home and personal property. It is our goal to obtain an insurance settlement that will allow for you to make the necessary repairs to your home.
We work for You, not your insurance company.
IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT WATER DAMAGE
There are 4 things you need to know about water damage to your home or commercial property:
- Timeliness is important once there has been any form of water damage, because mold begins to grow within 24 hours. If this happens, the claim will be much greater than the original damage.
- Water Damage Claims versus Flood Damage Claims. Knowing this can be the difference between getting paid and or getting your claim denied. Insurance companies are very particular when it comes to the difference between the two. Our adjuster will ensure that your claims is filed accurately using the proper language.
- Water Damage & Health Concerns: there are different classifications of the water, these are known as Categories. The Category of the water will make a difference in the extent of damage caused to your home and personal property.
- Category 1: A clean water source, like a fresh water originating from a faucet. This water will not cause illnesses as long as it does not come into contact with a contaminated surface, such as the floor or carpet. For example, one would drink water from a faucet, but not from the floor as the floor contains bacteria.
- Category 2: Water that may cause illness through contact. It normally has bacteria in it. A sample of this water is clean water that comes in contact with carpet. Another sample is water that leaked from inside of the dishwasher while running.
- Category 3: A contaminated water source such as sewage backup, an overflowing toilet or sink, or water that originates beyond a P-Trap of a drain line. Contact can cause severe illness or death.
- Our Adjusters are trained to identify the Category of Water and how far the water traveled. This will make a difference in the settlement amount of your claim.
OUR CLAIMS PROCESS
Our water damage insurance adjusting services will cover the following:
- Evaluate existing insurance policies to determine your coverage.
- Inspect and document all damages to the building, contents, and any other additional damages that may have been incurred.
- Inspection with Thermal Imaging Camera and Moisture Meters. This will identify areas of moisture not visible by the naked eye, and this will allow for a proper settlement of your claim
- Prepare a detailed estimate of the damages, document, and support the claim on your behalf
- Negotiate a settlement with your insurance company on your behalf and with your approval
- Reopen a claim and negotiate for more money, if a discrepancy is found after the claim has been paid
- Evaluate the need for Additional Living Expenses or Temporary Housing.
- Evaluate business interruption losses on commercial business claims
Contact Us Today At 786-877-4500 To Get The Settlement You Deserve On Your Water Damage Claim.